InterContinental Dublin is embracing the literary history of Ballsbridge and Dublin. We have renamed Dublin's largest Presidential Suite to the iconic Irish writer, James Joyce.
James Joyce, born in Dublin on February 1882, left an admirable legacy as an Irish novelist, short story writer and poet. During the year of 1904, Joyce moved into lodgings at 60 Shelbourne Road, Ballsbridge where he lived there for a short period of time. After this short stay, Joyce then moved to Dromard Avenue in Sandymount where he shared his first date with the love of his life and his wife, Nora Barnacle as they walked along Sandymount strand. In addition, Joyce famously stayed there on the night of Bloomsday June 1904 which encompasses Joyce’s most famous work, Ulysses. It was during Joyce’s final week in Ireland where he spent this time in the Martello Tower at Sandycove, now known as the James Joyce Tower and Museum here in Dublin 4. Here Joyce began writing his masterpiece Ulysses, which today has been described as “one of the most influential, inspiring, intriguing and infamous novels in literary history”. It was here in Dublin 4, that marked the end of James Joyce’s time as a resident of Ireland but what marked the beginning of Joyce as one of Irelands most celebrated and influential writers.
Our spectacularly appointed and refurbished James Joyce Suite (formerly our Presidential Suite) is 250 sq. meters/2691 sq. feet and offers wonderful views over the leafy Ballsbridge neighbourhood and the Dublin skyline
Highlight features includes;
• Dublin’s largest suite, recently refurbished
• Spacious refurbished suite with Master Bedroom, large Living Room, Dining Area with separate Kitchen and fully stocked in-room bar.
• Option to Interconnect to make a Three Bedroom Suite, with own private entrance.
• Entrance Foyer with Guest Powder Room and Cloak Room
• Dining Area for 8 people with bespoke dining table
• Three Balconies offering views over the Courtyard and Dublin City Skyline
• King Size Bed with superior linen
• Walk in Wardrobe
• Luxurious white Marble Bathroom with Deep-soak Bathtub and separate walk in Shower and double Vanity Hand Basins
• Luxurious L'Occtane Bathroom amenities paired with Joyce’s famous Lemon Soap from Sweeney's pharmacy
• A personalised James Joyce Gift
• Soft Bathrobes and Slippers
• Large Writing Desk
• Media Hub
• Satellite TV with DVD and CD Player
• In Room Safe
• Nespresso machine
• Fresh Floral arrangement
• Private access and security
• International newspapers
• Apple TV available on request
• Welcome Amenity
• Shoe shine and laundry service available
• Complimentary wi-fi
• Private Personalised Shopping experience with Brown Thomas available upon request
James Joyce Suite Floor Plan